Students can choose to participate in a number of extracurricular activities. Students with a strong interest in an activity are encouraged to take a leadership role and start a group of their own. Note that COVID-19 may have paused or altered some of the activities listed below.
- Upper School Drama rehearsals, directed by the Upper School drama teacher, take place after school in the Community Hall. The Upper School puts on a musical in the fall, one-act plays in January, and a drama or comedy in the spring. Auditions are open to all Upper Schoolers; 8th graders are frequently allowed to participate in the one-act plays as well.
- The Quaker Notes, our community a capella singing group, rehearses at 7:30am one morning per week. The group is led by the Upper School music teacher. It consists of students, faculty, parents, and friends of the school. The Quaker Notes is open to the entire Tandem Friends community; the group performs in school concerts and events like Tandemonium and the Mother's Day Music Festival.
- Drama Club meets biweekly at various times during the year.
- Model United Nations allows Upper School students to participate in one or two regional academic competitions where they can learn about diplomacy, international relations, and the United Nations.
- SAGA (Sexuality and Gender Acceptance) addresses questions and concerns specific to Upper School and older Middle Schoolers that center around inclusivity, gender, identity, expression, sexual orientation, and seeing the inner light in everyone. The club is for ANYONE who would like to support gender diversity, are straight allies or questioning and LGBTQ youth who want to promote equality at Tandem and beyond, talk about issues and be part of a safe, supportive environment.
- Diversity Council meets biweekly to discuss and promote diversity and inclusivity at Tandem and in the broader community, and plans an annual student-run Diversity Workshop.
- Tandem EARTH is dedicated to promoting environmental stewardship on campus and in the greater community.