Tandem Science Olympiad Teams head to UVA tomorrow, March 25, for the state-level competition they qualified for with their excellent regionals performance. Led by teacher Alex Siragy, Tandem's teams will be competing against teams from all over the state. The team's homebase location will be in CHEM 402 (the lecture hall in the Chemistry Building), and anyone from the community is welcome to drop in and say hi to team members who are not in the middle of participating in their events. Actual competition sites are located around campus. Please note that events are mostly closed-door. Open-door events include all events in the Slaughter Recreation Center. Exact room locations, times, and participating TFS students are noted below. Please note that TFS spectators are expected to not talk/cheer on TFS participants once they begin the event (failure to do this can result in a penalty for the team) and are only permitted to photograph or record video of TFS participants.
for full details - Tandem is team C10. Tandem events in the Slaughter Rec Center that are open to the public include:
Team Roster & Event Assignments:
1. Jacob C (WiFi Lab, Trajectory)
2. Max F (Rocks & Minerals, Bridge, Environmental Chemistry, Forestry)
3. Mekhi H (Remote Sensing, Detector Building, Chemistry Lab, Codebusters)
4. Devin M (Scrambler, Detector Building, WiFi Lab)
5. Mattea G (Forensics, Write It Do It, Cell Biology)
6. Charlie K (Rocks & Minerals, Environmental Chemistry, Disease Detectives, Forestry)
7. Emi M (Forensics, Write It Do It, Green Generation, Codebusters)
8. Emory G (Anatomy & Physiology, Chemistry Lab, Astronomy)
9. Jack N (Bridge, Dynamic Planet, Astronomy)
10. Emma P (Anatomy & Physiology, Cell Biology, Disease Detectives)
11. Ty B (Scrambler, Experimental Design)
12. Eli C (Fermi Questions, Experimental Design, Dynamic Planet)
13. Kavi M (Remote Sensing, Experimental Design)
14. Will M (Fermi Questions, Green Generation, Flight, Trajectory)
15. Owen S (Flight, Codebusters)
Parking & Transportation:
See this map
for details. Parking on UVA Grounds tomorrow will be heavily impacted by the Cville 10-Miler.
Good luck, Tandem scientists!